President Biden has announced, as this page and so many others have warned for months, that he will sign Executive Orders tomorrow aimed at gun control. Biden has signaled he will invade the US Constitution since his Presidential Election campaign began, but many Americans remained skeptical that he would sign executive orders with little regard for the Constitution.
Some 2A scholars believe that Biden will target legal gun ownership in a piecemeal fashion, chilling away at rights through a series of executive orders over time.
The executive orders Biden will sign Thursday are listed below:
- Jo The Justice Department, within 30 days, will issue a proposed rule to help stop the proliferation of “ghost guns.”
- The Justice Department, within 60 days, will issue a proposed rule to make clear when a device marketed as a stabilizing brace effectively turns a pistol into a short-barreled rifle subject to the requirements of the National Firearms Act.
- The Justice Department, within 60 days, will publish model “red flag” legislation for states.
- The Administration is investing in evidence-based community violence interventions.
- The Justice Department will issue an annual report on firearms trafficking.
- The President will nominate David Chipman to serve as Director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms.
Conservatives have vowed to fight Biden’s infringement by whatever means necessary. The NRA expects to immediately launch legal efforts against Joe Biden, as does the National Association for Gun Rights.
As Cam Edwards at Bearing Arms reminds readers, “Biden fails to mention that, while Chipman served in the ATF for 25-years, he’s also worked for the Michael Bloomberg-funded gun control group Mayors Against Illegal Guns before joining the gun control group Giffords as as senior policy advisor in 2016. For more about Chipman, including his recent mockery of new gun buyers in 2020, you can read my earlier report here.”
While these orders are just the tip of the iceberg, Biden is using the Boulder tragedy to advance his gun control agenda. Piece by piece, 2A rights are lost over the next four years if people don’t do more than post on social media. This fight, like masks, requires total non compliance via elected officials and ordinary citizens if the Constitution is to be preserved.